- nick_blinkAsked on September 21, 2016 at 01:31 PM
Hi - A user entered a lot of information into a form over the course of two days, and when she submitted she got an error and the data was lost.
Two questions: is there a timeout? And is there anything that can be done to retrieve the lost submission? (Either on your end or in the user's browser?)
Thanks in advance,
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 21, 2016 at 03:38 PM
Most probably, the session was over and that's why the submission was lost. Unfortunately, we can not retrieve that submissions if it is not submitted and your user can't as well. What you could do to prevent such issue is to turn on Continue later option.
To do that please follow:
1. Go to preferences:
2. And then go yo Advanced options:
Hope it helps.
Let us know if you have any additional questions.
- nick_blinkAnswered on September 21, 2016 at 03:46 PMThanks for the reply - I figured as much. I appreciate the suggestion to
enable continue later - I hadn't noticed that option.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 21, 2016 at 05:00 PM
You're welcome, I'm glad that, at least, you have a workable solution for future inputs.
If you need any further assistance please let us know!