- jscomputekllcAsked on September 21, 2016 at 04:35 PM
I want to make a form that the first half would be for a "requester" and the second half would be for an "approver".
So the workflow would be first part has info to be submitted to the approver, then the approver adds their info, then the form is completed.
Is there a way to do this?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 21, 2016 at 06:05 PM
If you want to assign a status to the form, here is a workaround to create a approval form:
1) Create your form. The user fills the form and select 1 of X number of mangers you have listed to send the application to:
1.2) Add a Page Break field, from the "Survey Fields" tab, into your form. Set the visibility for the back and next button to hidden.
(Add this page break field after the submit button)
2) Create the email notification that will be sent to the person who will approve or decline: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
Now build a custom edit URL that will show the manager or approver the "Approval area". Example:
3) Create the conditions in order to send the notification to a specific email address based on a selection: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection
4) Create a form autoresponder that will contain a message that lets the user know that he has been approved: https://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder, and make sure to enable the "Send on Edit" option:
5) Create another condition to send the autoresponder:
Here is my form example: https://form.jotform.co/62646803339865
You can clone and inspect it if you want to: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Let us know if you need more help.