- jamaburchAsked on April 22, 2012 at 09:06 AM
We have a "Safe Eyes" program for security on our public computers. The captcha block won't appear on these computers. What url do we need to clear as a safe site?
Thanks for your help!
- pinoytechAnswered on April 22, 2012 at 09:25 AM
Can you please re-embed the forms source code in your webpages, again? Delete browser cache and cookies also, then let us know if the said issue still persist.
- jamaburchAnswered on April 22, 2012 at 09:40 AM
Yes, the issue is still there.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM
It's a bit of a longshot but change the URL in the form's iFrame from http://form.jotformpro.com/form/20896117458967 to https://www.jotformpro.com/form/20896117458967 and let us know if that helps. (Of course, from what I can see, the form in question doesn't currently have a CAPTCHA field. So, that would first need to be re-inserted.)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM
My apologies. I completely misunderstood your question. I'll return with the answer shortly.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 22, 2012 at 12:27 PM
For the default CAPTCHA, clear the following URLs as safe:
For the reCAPTCHA version, clear the following:
Please let us know if whitelisting the above URLs solved the problem.
- jamaburchAnswered on April 24, 2012 at 02:44 PM
No. Clearing these didn't help.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 24, 2012 at 06:11 PM
Can you try to whitelist the following domains?