JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Drop down box selection sends email to another recipientAsked by mikerotech on September 23, 2016 at 09:38 AM
I have 5 different managers each one assigned to a specific drop down box selection. Is it possible to generate an email to be sent directly to that manager when their unit is selected in the drop down box?
Yes, it is possible to send an email based on the selected option using the Change Email Recipient condition. Here's a guide:
1. Create a drop down field.
2. Click the "Conditions" button in the toolbar.
3. Select the "Change Email Recipient" condition.
4. Set a condition wherein if "John Doe" is selected, then the "Notification 1" will be sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
5. You need to create a separate condition for the other options.
Related guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
Hope that helps. Thank you.