- pickupchangeAsked on September 24, 2016 at 02:30 PM
Hello, if I ask to whitelist my email from Jotform (it's sent from my personal email) will this reflect on all my other emails that arrive from mailchimp?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 24, 2016 at 04:07 PM
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly. Do you want to whitelist our email address to ensure the submission emails are being delivered successfully?
Please take a look at the following guide for the list of domain names which you need to whitelist in your email server: https://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
Do get back to us if you mean to ask something else.
- pickupchangeAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 09:08 AM
Hello Ashwin, sorry I wasn't clear at all.
Basically a user who opts in in one of my form in Jotform, will receive a thank you mail (the sender email is my personal as you can see in the image attached)
Now, if the user whitelist the sender for this email, will he whitelist my email "firstname.lastname@example.org" or a jotform email?
I ask you this cause I'm gonna send him other emails from email@example.com and I want to be sure that the subscriber whitelists the right address.
Hope this time is clearer!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 11:16 AM
The autoresponder is working fine, and it is not necessary for your user to white-list IP address, unless a specific email address is not receiving it.
Is there a specific email address that is not receiving the autoresponder? If yes, please let us know which one is, also, you may ask the user to check his spam/junks folder. In addition to this, let us know if you don't mind if we do a real submission on your form in order to test the autoresponder you have setup.
- pickupchangeAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Yes, the autoresponder works fine, what I'm afraid of are the next emails from mailchimp.
If I ask to whitelist my email address in the autoresponder from jotform, and the user whitelists the sender email, is it gonna work with emails sent from the same email address from mailchimp?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM
No, you will need to ask Mailchimp support for their IP addresses and domains names for your users to add them to their white-list, if by any chance mails sent from your Mailchimp account fail.
- pickupchangeAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 01:05 PM
When I'm thinking about whitelisting, isn't it adding my email address to their contacts, whether they're on Gmail, Yahoo or whatever?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 02:57 PM
You're correct, adding the email to their contact list is the simplest way of whitelisting your emails to prevent them ending up as Spam.
As my colleague implied, whitelisting is not needed if the emails are coming through BUT if you're really concerned about future emails that you may send in the future via Mailchimp (outside JotForm), then you can either:
1. Advise him to do what you have in mind - Add your email to his contact list. By doing so, his spam filters will never block emails coming from you (since you're an added contact)
2. Or he can get in touch with his email provider, and with Mailchimp's help on your end, give him all the IPs and domains he needs to get whitelisted
Usually #1 above would suffice, the only time he would need to do #2 is if the emails constantly fail to be delivered.