- max123jotAsked on September 25, 2016 at 09:42 AM
populate a field (ie attending name) based upon the value of another field (ie institution)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Yes, that's possible. Here's a guide for that: https://www.jotform.com/help/286-How-to-Pass-Field-Value-to-Another-Field
You can also perform calculations and populate it to another field base on the user's answer from another field. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/268-How-to-Insert-Text-or-Mathematical-Calculation-into-a-Field-Using-Conditional-Logic
Hope this helps!
- max123jotAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM
yes the above is correct, but i do not think i was explicit enough in my question
as the field values are different, i am asking again more specifically
populate a field (ie attending name) (dr. abc)
based upon the value of another field (ie institution) (hospital abc)
this may require a "look up table"
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 01:51 PM
Do you meant to consult data from another source? If that is the case, this is not possible. You will need to download the full source code of your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/104-How-to-get-the-Full-Source-Code-of-your-Form
Then hire a developer to create you the proper script to connect to your database, and pull the information into your fields, then upload the solution to your own server.
- max123jotAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 02:46 PMActually a lookup table within the same form
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 04:55 PM
In your form https://www.jotform.us/form/62683444529161 can you please confirm that the "look up table" you refer to was the Matrix table field?
It is possible to perform calculation using the value from the Matrix table field.
Because you can do calculation on the Matrix table, you can also create condition rules base on the calculated value. It is possible to pass the value from the matrix table to another field in the form using the same method described on the user guide.
Let us know if there is more we can help you with.
- max123jotAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 06:46 PMactually one of jotform threads
seems like what i would explore to see if i can accomplish this
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 07:04 PM
Great! I really think that's what you needed because you can't just use calculation formula, you can also use values from different fields or just write a static text value if you prefer.
If you need further assistance, let us know.