- pardop1Asked on September 25, 2016 at 01:42 PM
We are collecting registrations for an upcoming event and are selling tables of 8 and 10. It would be ideal for the registrant to enter each guest's name in a separate field (i.e. guest 1, guest 2, etc) but that would create 8 to 10 extra columns on the back end where submissions and requires a lot of extra work prepared the final list. Right now i am asking them to put all the names of the guests in one text area to limit the columns of the response form, but it's not ideal. Is there a widget that would allow for a list of items to be entered by the end user, but would all appear in the same column in the form (like for a check box type field when more than one box is checked). https://www.jotformpro.com/form/62624760379968?preview=true
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 03:57 PM
You can use any of the following widgets:
To add a widget to your form, simply follow the step from this guide:
- pardop1Answered on September 25, 2016 at 04:46 PMAnd the info that is filled in all gets reported ends up in one column on the spreadsheet w the responses? I don't think it does.
If it does, then please show me. If it doesn't, please escalate this to a higher level tech support. I waited several hours for a response that does not solve my issue.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 05:30 PM
Yes, I tried all the given widgets before posting my reply. Here are some screenshots:
In the form submissions page:
In the Excel report:
- pardop1Answered on September 25, 2016 at 06:46 PMThanks. Can you set an exact number of spots (for guest names) or dies the end user control that. If can set (which is what I
Would like to be able to do), please let me know which widget is the best one for this and the. Should me a demo o how to set up. Thanks for your help.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 07:38 PM
Probably the best way would be to use Configurable list widget that my colleague proposed. Since you will be able to limit how many entries your customers can input.
1. You add configurable list widget to your form with fields that fits your needs:
2. When you add Configurable list widget you will be in the configuration window for all fields, but you can access it simply by clicking this button:
3. In the new window you can set how many rows your users can input:
So, you can configure in that wizard how your rows will look like, meaning which fields they will have and with the limit set, you can control how many guests your customers can input.
Hope it helps.
If you need further assistance please let us know.