- IMSABCAsked on September 25, 2016 at 07:20 PM
Square integration - a great addition! Couple more bugs though!
1) In test mode, is (still) not accepting Canadian Payment on submission
2)In test mode is not doing a tax calculation
Have not tried for real though!
And feature requests!It would be nice to be able to bypass all of the Square product creation etc and just provide a description and a total price through the URL. I figured out how to select pre-defined prices through the product and options, but the new feature would make this slicker.
Any chance of picking up existing items, options and pricing directly from the square account?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 09:33 PM
Thank you for reporting this matter to us. But in order to filter the issue before escalating. I'd like to ask a question:
1) For the case of not receiving Canadian Dollar payments: Is your square account created in https://squareup.com/ca so for it to receive Canadian dollar as currency?
As mentioned by Square via the support center:
"The ability to charge your customers in different currencies with Square Register is not available. You’re unable to change the country of an existing Square account, but you’re always welcome to open a new account and select any supported country. The country of your account will dictate the currency symbol and currency formatting of your Square Register app.
If you decide to create a new account, you’ll always be able to log in to your old account if you don’t disable it. But if may be helpful for record-keeping purposes to download your transaction history from your previous account.
Note: You must be located in the country where you activated your account to process card payments."
2) For the matter on tax calculation, I have moved it to a new thread in order to prevent confusion with the discussion. You can find the new thread on this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/941525
3) For your feature request, I have moved it to a new thread as well which can be found here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/941526
- IMSABCAnswered on September 25, 2016 at 11:46 PMHi liyam
The Square account was created from Canada and we have been processing in Canadian Funds for a couple of years now so I think we are set up OK. Although our account is at squareup.com, all help info etc comes from a /ca site.
- BorisAnswered on September 26, 2016 at 03:15 AM
I have tested your form while it is in Sandbox Mode, and I can see the error that the system is providing:
Based on the documentation on Square, it seems that the Sandbox Mode uses locations that are distinct from the location of your actual (Live) account:
Working with sandbox locations
Your sandbox account comes with a collection of mock locations. These locations are totally distinct from your actual Square account's locations.
Based on this, it seems that simply your Sandbox location is in the US, so the Sandbox cannot accept transactions in CAD. For now, you can switch the currency to USD when testing is Sandbox Mode, and switch it back to CAD when testing in Live Mode.
If you decide to test the Liv Mode, for practical reasons, I'd recommend reducing the price of your products to 1 CAD or a similar smaller amount. If you by any chance experience the issues even in Live Mode, please let us know and we'll alert our developers.
Based on the description from Square regarding Sandbox Mode locations being different, let me escalate this to our developers to see whether we can set the Sandbox location to be the same as your Live location. If this is something we can do from our end, we'll let you know of any updates through this support thread.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 03:31 AM
The issue occurs only in sandbox mode. Live transactions shouldn't have been affected.
In any case, we have just fixed the problem with sandbox mode.