- sweepcleaningAsked on September 27, 2016 at 01:09 AM
I have a question regarding radio buttons and conditions. I have a question with three primary conditions first off (so, a 3-radio button question). Depending on which option the user chooses, a show/hide condition takes effect and shows only the portion of the form to be filled in that applies to the particular option they choose in the first 3-radio button question. So far so good.
Next: inside primary options 1 and 2 there is another conditional question with a yes/no option (which opens up another couple of questions needing answered, if the answer is 'yes). this conditional sub-question, however, is NOT inside primary option 3. So, here is the problem: If someone is playing around on the form, and selects primary option 1, then selects "Yes" on the conditional question inside primary option 1, THEN decides that what they really want to do is fill out primary option 3 instead, so they change their radio button selection on the original primary question to radio button 3, somewhere in the background the "Yes" is still selected on that sub-conditional question that is only part of primary 1 and 2 (though not seen). So the part of the form that is not supposed to show at all, ever, inside primary question number 3 now shows up. How can I get this to not show up at all, ever, whenever primary option 3 is selected (even if they first mistakenly clicked "yes" inside option 1 or 2)... thank you.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 27, 2016 at 03:27 AM
Conditionally hidden fields values are not cleared by default. That's probably the reason why the nested conditions don't reset.
Here's how to resolve it,
1. Open your form Preferences
2. Go to Advanced
3. Click Show More button
4. Set "Clear on Being Hidden" on Clear Hidden Field Values
This should make a difference.
If this doesn't fix your issue, let us know.
- sweepcleaningAnswered on September 27, 2016 at 09:46 AMNew response receivedthat would seem to be the perfect solution. but unfortunately it did not work. and when i go back to the primary 1 or 2 selection, all selections are cleared – with the exception of the one sub-condition question... the “yes” is still actively selected. so, the extra info still shows up on the primary 3 when it shouldn’t.
- sweepcleaningAnswered on September 27, 2016 at 09:46 AMNew response receivedActually, let me update that... after refreshing the page it worked. But it has created a VERY SLOW process. I just tested it back and forth... When “Clear On Being Hidden” is selected, it takes “forever” (in computer terms) for the form page to load when I click preview. Not sure if it should be taking that long, but the program/app slows down considerably, even if just pasting the link in the browser to go directly to the page. Should it be that slow?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 27, 2016 at 12:03 PM
I checked the forms in your account and did not notice any slowdown in any of them. If the slowdown is still present on your end, let us know which form you are working with and we will be happy to look into this further.