- KStampAsked on September 28, 2016 at 01:48 PM
Did the Custom Field setting move? I'm trying to assign a custom field for my paypal widget, but the settings don't include the Custom Field anymore that I can see. I've done it before, but looks like there has been an update/change to the system.
- KStampAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 01:50 PM
I used to do it like this:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 06:15 PM
In the old UI the option was in the field properties, but in the new wizard the option for custom field has been moved to the payment wizard, so in order to get the custom field option you need to first click on the payment field -> wizard icon:
Once in the wizard, click on the Additional Gateway Settings tab:
There you will find the new option "Fetch Data from a Text Field" where you can select any of the Text Box fields in your form:
Hope this helps.
- KStampAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 09:32 AM
I didn't have this setup for selling products. I have it set up as donations. Is there a way to add the custom ID to donations?
- KStampAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 09:36 AM
Never mind, I see it now. But when I click the drop down it doesn't list my hidden box as an option to choose. Only the text box for Name is listed.
- KStampAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 09:40 AM
Should I just replace the hidden box with a text box that has a default value and use it instead of the hidden box? I only used the hidden box because it was suggested by another person from jotform in the past. But if it will work the same I will just use the text field and hide it from the form.
- KStampAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 10:03 AM
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Yes, you can use the Hidden Box since it is a Text Box just that it cannot be shown in the form, in fact I checked your form http://www.jotform.us/form/62715629666164 and I can see the Custom ID field appears as custom field in the PayPal wizard:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on November 03, 2016 at 04:46 PM
In order to better assist you, I have moved your question to another thread, you will find it on the next link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/981488
We will assist you on that thread as soon as possible.