- ashevilledogcoAsked on October 02, 2016 at 06:27 PM
We have multiple forms that are filled out by one person. Is there a way to organized them under the person's name instead of by date?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 02, 2016 at 06:47 PM
You can access the form submissions page and sort it by the columns. You have two options as outlined in the screenshot below:
After that, you can export it as CSV or Excel. Your sorting will be kept in the report file.
- ashevilledogcoAnswered on October 02, 2016 at 06:54 PM
So then no, there isn't the option of sorting them in Jotforms by name?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 02, 2016 at 08:55 PM
What Welvin stated is a means to sort submissions by name in JotForm. Is there a specific way of sorting that you are looking for?
- ashevilledogcoAnswered on October 02, 2016 at 09:10 PM
I get it now. Thanks! Sorry this is all new to me. So I got it to group by names, but it seems to be sorting by the first name not the last. Is there a way to sort by last name? Or do I have to enter the last name first to get it to do that?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 02, 2016 at 10:51 PM
I see now what you mean.
Unfortunately, for full names, the information will only be sorted based on the 1st input in the field. So you either can try using last name as your first input, or better yet, just use a regular text box and just label each text box as part of the names. This way, you get to have more flexibility with either sorting it by first name or by last name.
For your other question, I have moved it to a new thread which can be found here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/948628
We'll provide you a response on the said thread as soon as possible.