- kausewayAsked on October 03, 2016 at 11:21 AM
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 03, 2016 at 02:59 PM
If the field is filled, it should be shown in the email notification regardless of whether or not it is shown in the form. If there is something entered in that field, it should be showing in the email even when hidden.
- kausewayAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 03:26 PM
right. but it isnt.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 04:46 PM
I cloned your form to test it and all of the hidden fields in the form that were filled are showing in the email notification:
Under what conditions is the promo code field being hidden? The other fields in the form that are currently hidden were included in each test I made. Are there certain circumstances where those are not included as well? Let us know what you can and we will be happy to have another look.
- kausewayAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 09:43 PM
type in 25friend in promocode. It causes it to be hidden and then doesnt show up. I would like for it to show up.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 11:30 PM
I can see what you're referring to, but this currently happens because the form is set up to clear hidden fields when the form is submitted, I would suggest you to set the form to do not clear hidden fields, to do it click on the preferences icon:
Then go to the advanced tab and click on the show more button:
Then set the field "Clear Hidden Field Values" to do not clear:
Once you do this the field will be included in the email notification even when it is hidden:
Hope this helps.