- imranqAsked on October 04, 2016 at 11:37 PM
Can you please tell me if this scenario is technically possible
User completes a form that requires the user to pay. The user finishes the form. We save the total payment due in a form field. At the time of submission we redirect the form and post the data to external URL. The external URL has the third party payment gateway. We have the Form Data at that stage.
The user completes the payment. We use the JotForms API to update that particular submission with a receipt id.
Also when that particular submission is updated after successful payment, can we generate an notification email for the user and for ourselves via the JotForms API?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 05, 2016 at 03:58 AM
May I ask which payment gateway are you using for your payment? I am not quite sure if your payment gateway allows for your requirement. However, it is indeed possible to send the post data to an external URL using webhooks. Here's a guide on How to Setup a Webhook with JotForm.
You can use the Jotform API to send a notification. Here's an example: Webhook PHP Script Examples
Here are several use cases for the Jotform API that you can check out: http://api.jotform.com/docs/#usecases
If you have further questions regarding the API, you can also email our API team at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can properly address your requirement, or you can also check out the developer forum here: https://developers.jotform.com/forum
- Imran QaziAnswered on October 05, 2016 at 06:37 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.
We are going to use BPOINT (an Australian bank payment gateway). This is how we are planning to use it. Just wanted to check if this theory solid before we go ahead and implement this
1. We will integrate bpoint with out custom build web app
2. This will be available via a url to the clients
3. After form submission we will redirect and post the data to this URL
4. Now we have forms data and the integration link to BPOINT
5. The customer will make payment. We will process the payment details (return response) from the BPOINT and will update the individual form via the API
6. We will then use the API to generate emails to the customer and to the backend
thanks - Imran
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 05, 2016 at 09:51 PM
Although your requirement may be possible to achieve with the jotform API, please note that we only recommend using the Payment integrations that are already available in jotform. We cannot guarantee how unsupported payment processors will work with Jotform's form processor.
I would suggest that you please contact our API team here email@example.com so they can better answer your question and help clarify the possible implementation of your specification.