JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to add score to selectionsAsked by NgeeAnnPolytechnic on October 05, 2016 at 08:03 AM
I have created the UI of the RIASEC form.
How do I add scores to each of the letters RIASEC - depending on the answer?
I would then need to sum up the scores for all letters and display the top 3 dominant ones to user.
Thanks for your help..
You can add a calculation value for the field option(s) then calculate it using our calculation widget.
Here are the guides that would help you do it in the form:
Let us know if you need help.
I am still unclear.
Can I seek your help to edit directly on my form for me?
What I have do so far,
1. I have set Calculation Value under SURVEYING to 1 (is user turns on the switcher button - it counts as 1 pt) - did i get that right?
2. I have added a Calculate Form widget and for computation of the letter R under RIASEC - if user picks YES for questions 1, 7, 14, 22, 30, 32 and 37 - it adds 1 to the score.
Is that correct? It looks weird at bottom of form.
i want the form to calculate the top 3 dominant letters after user submits form and displays the top 3 letters to him and then channels to a specific statement (text) based on the dominant letters.
Is that possible? how?
R - YES to qns 1, 7, 14, 22, 30, 32, and 37
I - YES to qns 2, 11, 18, 21, 26, 33 and 39
A - YES to qns 3, 8, 17, 23, 27, 31 and 41
S - YES to qns 4, 12, 13, 20, 28, 34, and 40
E - YES to qns 5, 10, 16, 19, 29, 36 and 42
C - YES to qns 6, 9, 15, 24, 25, 35 and 38
2. Do you want to only score 1 when all fields are equal to Yes? Not, 7?
Here's a cloned version of your form: https://form.jotform.com/62795082374969.
RIASEC are calculated based on the fields that you've mentioned. If all fields in each letter are filled, would total to 7.
Top 1, 2 and 3 are calculated using NTH function. This is a screenshot of the Top 1 calculation:
The number 1 in the equation means to get the highest value. Top 2 has 2 in it and likewise, Top 3 has 3 in the calculation.
You can clone the form back to your account, here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
Let us know if you need further help.
Thank you very much!
1. Is there a way to hide / make invisible the individual RIASEC scores (fields below)?
So user just sees the top 3 dominant letters?
2. Is there a way to create & channel user to a specific statement / info based on the top 3 dominant letters? e.g. if R is one of the dominant letters, i will present the list of course possibilities to user.
dear Sir, this is my updated form
need ur help on:
1. Displaying the letter (instead of number score) for the top 3 letters.
2. Wiring the conditional logic to display the content for REALISTIC if R is one of the top 3 letters.
Can help to work on my form directly? tks.
Your latest question requires a different resolution. I created a separate thread for it here
We will attend to it shortly.