- NgeeAnnPolytechnicAsked on October 05, 2016 at 08:03 AM
I have created the UI of the RIASEC form.
How do I add scores to each of the letters RIASEC - depending on the answer?
I would then need to sum up the scores for all letters and display the top 3 dominant ones to user.
Thanks for your help..Page URL:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 05, 2016 at 09:29 AM
You can add a calculation value for the field option(s) then calculate it using our calculation widget.
Here are the guides that would help you do it in the form:
Let us know if you need help.
- NgeeAnnPolytechnicAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 10:21 AM
I am still unclear.
Can I seek your help to edit directly on my form for me?
What I have do so far,
1. I have set Calculation Value under SURVEYING to 1 (is user turns on the switcher button - it counts as 1 pt) - did i get that right?
2. I have added a Calculate Form widget and for computation of the letter R under RIASEC - if user picks YES for questions 1, 7, 14, 22, 30, 32 and 37 - it adds 1 to the score.
Is that correct? It looks weird at bottom of form.
i want the form to calculate the top 3 dominant letters after user submits form and displays the top 3 letters to him and then channels to a specific statement (text) based on the dominant letters.
Is that possible? how?
R - YES to qns 1, 7, 14, 22, 30, 32, and 37
I - YES to qns 2, 11, 18, 21, 26, 33 and 39
A - YES to qns 3, 8, 17, 23, 27, 31 and 41
S - YES to qns 4, 12, 13, 20, 28, 34, and 40
E - YES to qns 5, 10, 16, 19, 29, 36 and 42
C - YES to qns 6, 9, 15, 24, 25, 35 and 38
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 12:06 PM
2. Do you want to only score 1 when all fields are equal to Yes? Not, 7?
Here's a cloned version of your form: https://form.jotform.com/62795082374969.
RIASEC are calculated based on the fields that you've mentioned. If all fields in each letter are filled, would total to 7.
Top 1, 2 and 3 are calculated using NTH function. This is a screenshot of the Top 1 calculation:
The number 1 in the equation means to get the highest value. Top 2 has 2 in it and likewise, Top 3 has 3 in the calculation.
You can clone the form back to your account, here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
Let us know if you need further help.
- NgeeAnnPolytechnicAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Thank you very much!
1. Is there a way to hide / make invisible the individual RIASEC scores (fields below)?
So user just sees the top 3 dominant letters?
2. Is there a way to create & channel user to a specific statement / info based on the top 3 dominant letters? e.g. if R is one of the dominant letters, i will present the list of course possibilities to user.
- NgeeAnnPolytechnicAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 12:41 AM
dear Sir, this is my updated form
need ur help on:
1. Displaying the letter (instead of number score) for the top 3 letters.
2. Wiring the conditional logic to display the content for REALISTIC if R is one of the top 3 letters.
Can help to work on my form directly? tks.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 12:56 AM
Your latest question requires a different resolution. I created a separate thread for it here
We will attend to it shortly.