- Kayla_HughesAsked on October 06, 2016 at 01:51 PM
I set up Stripe on one of our Jotforms to try to collect credit card information of our customers securely. But we had two problems with this integration.
1. No customers were created in our Stripe account, even though I selected the button that said to create customers. This means that none of the information that people filled out was stored anywhere.
2. We do not have access to the last four numbers of any of the credit card information that people filled out. Is this possible with any of the payment integrations?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 05:14 PM
I have just checked in Stripe and I can see it is creating customers upon submissions, here are my testing records:
Please do note that the customer will be created using the info entered in the payment field:
In your form I can also see you have set up a free product, please do note that when creating a free product there is not charge on your customer's CC this is why customer is not being created in your Stripe account, what I would suggest you is to set a price to the product you have in your payment field and then set the integration to charge your user manually on a later date, this way the customer will be created in your Stripe account.
Here is a guide that will help you to set up your integration to charge on a later date: How-to-Enable-Payment-Authorization
Hope this helps.
- Kayla_HughesAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 06:24 PM
Thank you for clarifying this for us. Is there a payment app that will allow us to collect and store the last four numbers of the users' credit card information securely without charging them?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 07:57 PM
I have further checked the integration with Stripe and I can see there seems to be a way to avoid charging your customers and adding them as customers.
You need to use the integration to sell subscriptions as payment type:
Then simply add the subscription as free:
This way the customer will be created once the form is submitted and he / she should not be charged as you have set up a free subscriptions.
Please give it a try, if you want you can also set up your payment integration as Sandbox mode, it means that will not charge real Credit Cards and you can still test your integration:
Hope this helps.