- DigitalPlanner_SGreenAsked on October 06, 2016 at 03:24 PM
Help! I thought I finally got this form figured out and fixed but I am still seeing errors when we submit it. I have switched out the widget's and replaced them because updating them didnt work. I fixed the conditions and that hasnt helped. Is there anything else anyone can see? I think it works for some tasks but not all. If that makes sense...like display works but not native.
I dont know what I am doing wrong!
Thank youPage URL:
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on October 06, 2016 at 07:48 PM
I believe you're still having the same issue you had reported in the thread below.
I have cloned your form and was able to reproduce the issue you're having.
I see that there are hidden fields/widgets in your form that are set as required and will only be shown if the correct option(s) in the checkbox field that is shown below is selected.
I tried to check all the options from the "Campaign Type" checkbox field above and fill every field and widget in your form and I was able to successfully submit it.
If there is an option from the "Campaign Type" checkbox field that is not selected not all fields are shown and this includes the other options which are set as required.
I would suggest you only make a field required only if it is shown base on your condition or, should I say, base on the selection made on the "Campaign Type" checkbox field and not by default.
You will use the Enable/Require Field conditional logic to achieve this.
Meaning, all the hidden fields are not required by default, it will only be set as required if the conditions are met base on your form requirement.
For example, the widget, "E-mail blast Details", is set as required by default. You can set it as unrequired, then create the condition that would make it required if the "Email Marketing" option is selected from the "Campaign Type" checkbox field.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We made some changes on our widget system and it should be fixed now. Please test it from your end and let us know if the problem still persist.