- socialhouseAsked on October 08, 2016 at 09:32 PM
The form skips to the right pages, but the progress bar does not adjust and when I click submit, I'm not sure if it's going through. If someone could help me out with this, that would be great. Thank you.
- CharlieAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 02:15 AM
May we know which of your forms you are having problems? I see you have a couple of forms that are up-to-date.
With regards to the Progress Bar widget, if you have set to count the "Required Fields" only and you are skipping pages, then I'm sorry to say that the widget can't ignore those required fields when counting.
Here's an example of my form: https://form.jotform.com/62821026413951
My form has 6 pages, page 1 has 2 required fields, page 2 to 6 has one text box and they are set to required by default.
Now my Progress bar widget is set to count only those "Required Fields".
You can see on my form that the required number of fields is properly counted in the Progress bar widget.
The problem is that if you are skipping pages, then it won't change the number of fields required to fill out. I believe the widget was not designed to adjust the number because it's main purpose is to inform the user that he/she needs to fill out the this number of fields before completion.
1. John visits the form, sees the initial count of 71 required fields.
2. John skips a page cause by a conditional logic, the skipped page has required fields.
3. If widget will adjust, let's say the total required field suddenly changed to 51, but John knows that 71 was the initial required fields and he knows that he just filled out 5, then that would confused him.
However, your form can still be submitted even though some required fields were skipped.
We could forward a feature request to our developers to make the widget adjust the total number of required field counts depending on the remaining pages. But I cannot guarantee that this will be implemented. If my assessment and understanding of your case is correct, please let me know so I can forward this.