- YMITracyAsked on October 09, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Trying to edit and add fields to my form but the save and preview buttons don't seem to be working. The form automatically saves when I first open but when I click the save button nothing happens and the changes are no longer saved automatically either.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Please try the following:
1) Clear your forms cache: https://www.jotform.com/help/229-How-to-Clear-Your-Form-Cache
2) Clear your browsers cache and log back in.
3) Alternatively try in another browser, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox.
Let us know if you need more help.
- YMITracyAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 02:45 PMI had already tried your 'solutions' - clearing cache and attempting
different browser (Chrome and Firefox included). I still have the same
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 03:30 PM
I cloned your form and tried to replicate the problem but it is ok here.
Please give us your browser details and also send us a screenshot hence we could investigate the issue further.
Also, please try again clearing your form caches. Here:
- YMITracyAnswered on October 10, 2016 at 10:45 AMStill having issues. What are looking for in the screen shot? The buttons
appear normally. As I said, the system seems to do an automatic save when I
first open to edit the form. You can see this in my History. However, after
that nothing happens when I click the "Save" button. Likewise, the same
type of thing with the Preview option. I can sometimes get it to operate
within the first minute or so of a session than nothing. As I have said, I
have tried Chrome, FireFox and Edge but the result is the same. What kind
of browser details are you looking for?
Note, that the problem seems to be specific to this form as my other forms
seem to be working. I have tried cloning the Subsidies form but the problem
continues with the cloned version. What the options to get this form
operational in the shortest delay?
- YMITracyAnswered on October 10, 2016 at 10:45 AMWould recreating the SDS and TOF-GPF sections as two separate (new) forms
and then importing the data into the subsidies form be an option? If yes,
can you provide instructions on the importation process? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 10, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I have tried your cloned version: http://www.jotformeu.com/form/62824462648362, and the edits saved without an issue, also the preview button worked fine:
I tried to check our logs, but no error showed up, let me ask for further help to our second level, we will update you via this thread.
On regards of splitting the form into two forms, I don't think its a convenient solution, but if you want to do it that way, you can use the combine submissions app, in order get one report from both forms: https://apps.jotform.com/app/combine_submissions
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Could you please provide us a screenshot of the Google Chrome developer console?: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools
This would be very helpful for our back-end team in order to find the cause of the issue you are experiencing.
Simply load the link to this thread in your browser: https://www.jotform.com/answers/955382/?
And then upload the screenshot as shown on this guide: https://www.jotform.com/answers/414264-How-to-include-screenshot-image-in-the-support-forum
- YMITracyAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 01:44 PMNot sure if this is what you are looking for. As I said the problem seems
to the same on all three browsers and on three different computers and my
other forms seem to work. If I continue to develop the information that
needs to be put in this form in a separate form (s) as you work on the
issue can I eventually import it or (copy / paste) it when the problem is
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 03:48 PM
I am also unable to reproduce this with a clone of your form. I checked the form in your account and was also able to preview and save the form.
We are trying to see if there is any sort of error message when using either the preview or save button. My colleague described the steps on how to view potential errors, as well as how to include a screenshot in forum posts. If you wouldn't mind posting a screenshot of what is shown in the console when the buttons fail to work, it will give us more information on what is occurring.
- YMITracyAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 03:45 AMNothing shows on the screen. There is no error message. The buttons are
just not reactive. I have filmed what happens with my iphone (sorry for the
bad quality and rather large size of file but hopefully it will give you an
idea and lead you to a solution). This was in Chrome but as I have said it
is the same for all other browsers I have tried.
You can access the video here:
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 04:23 AM
I have watched the video you provided. Thanks for that! There really seems to be a problem with your form. I have escalated a ticket about this. You will be informed as soon as the issue is resolved.
We really appreciate your patience on this. Please accept our apology.
- YMITracyAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 04:44 AMThanks for the quick answer. I look forward to hearing back from you and
having the mystery solved.😀
- YMITracyAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 06:44 AMIf possible, it would be great to have the issue sorted by this weekend as
the SDS portion of the form has to ready for publication on Monday. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 07:48 AM
We will try to fix this as soon as possible. I hope it will be before weekend. You will be informed about the process.
- YMITracyAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 03:44 AMAny updates on this. I don't really want to have to rebuild the whole form
but need to have some sort of solution.
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 05:48 AM
The related team is currently working on it. We are really sorry that it did not take a short time to sort it out. I hope it will be resolved in a timely manner.
You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Thank you for contacting us.
- YMITracyAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 03:44 PMBecause I need the form operational, I am working on recreating it. My
priority now is to have the CSS that will allow me to change the row
headers in the spreadsheet. I have the code for the columns but following a
similar pattern for the rows does not seem to work. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 06:09 PM
If you simply need a table that you can customize the row and column headers for, I would suggest using a matrix:
If you require the spreadsheet widget specifically, if you wouldn't mind creating a new thread for that question and including the form you are working on as well as the specifics of what you would like to change in the form, we will be happy to have a look.