- jonsAsked on April 26, 2010 at 11:40 AMRight now, I have a Free Account, but will be moving to a Paid Account.
I have a few questions.
1) How do I clear out responses to already submitted forms? Mostly the uploaded files? Are the uploaded files securely stored? (Most files will have semi-personal info, like references, etc)
2) Is it possible to get a master list of submissions, with any uploaded/attached files? How?
3) When I upgrade to a paid account, will that remove the 'JotForm' header on the notification emails?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 27, 2010 at 03:29 AM1) You can delete entries on the "Submissions" page using the "Delete" icon on the toolbar. The uploaded files will also be deleted when you delete a submission.
2) On the Submissions page, click on "Excel" icon.
3) You can remove that even if you are a free user.
1. Click on "Setup and Share" tab on the form builder toolbar
2. Click on "Email Alerts"
3. Select Notification
4. Click on the JotForm logo on the body of the email and then click on delete key on your keyboard.
- tourkickAnswered on July 09, 2011 at 08:31 AM
So you have to delete the ENTIRE SUBMISSION? You can't delete JUST THE UPLOAD FILE(S)?
That seems shortsighted. What am I missing?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 09, 2011 at 08:48 AM
This thread is over a year old and things have improved somewhat since Aytekin's reply was made. I think if your submissions are integrated with Dropbox (a Dropbox account is required) you can delete the uploaded files without deleting the entire submission but I have to go out for a little while. When I come back, I'll test this supposition to make sure I'm not giving wrong info!
I shall return.
UPDATE: Well, I took longer to return than promised but I'm here. :)
After recently performing a couple of Dropbox integration tests, I have discovered that while files uploaded with a submission can indeed be deleted from Dropbox without deleting the entire submission, those files are still visible on the respective form's Submissions page:
Moreover, the following screenshot shows that the file was still occupying space on my JotForm account:
In the responses to our blog post on Dropbox integration, Aytekin's reply to Tony states that submissions on JotForm can be deleted and the files remain at Dropbox.
So, to summarize Dropbox integrated forms, the following are my conclusions based on the above information and on what I knew before:
1. Files in a submission are uploaded to both JotForm and Dropbox
2. Files deleted from Dropbox are NOT deleted from JotForm (at least, not immediately)
3. Submissions deleted from JotForm are NOT deleted from Dropbox (at least, not immediately)
4. Each submission to Dropbox containing uploaded files also contains a PDF document detailing the submission. The PDF and uploads (if any) can be deleted separately.
So, it appears that integration only refers to the fact that submissions (made via a form that has Dropbox integration enabled) will also be sent to Dropbox.
If you require additional clarification, please let us know.