- stevenkesslerAsked on October 10, 2016 at 03:17 PM
I use pdf files as lead magnates. Can I upload a pdf to Jotform and have you send it attached to an autoresponder email after someone fills out an optin form?
- cagrianikAnswered on October 10, 2016 at 06:53 PM
You can solve your upload problem with using the wigdet below;
autoresponder also explained step by step on the page that's written below ;
i hope it helps you.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Yes, you can attach a PDF file in your autoresponder email. To do so, first you need to create an Autoresponder. Then while on the autoresponder settings, simply follow the steps below:
1. Select the Advanced tab on your autoresponder settings.
2. Scroll down until you see the Add Attachment button. Click that and upload your PDF file from there. Then save the autoresponder when you're done uploading the PDF.
After that, you're all set. Once a user submits the form, they should receive an autoresponder email with the attached PDF file.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- stevenkesslerAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 02:28 AM
Thanks for this detailed help.
Please check my form called "LM Opt-in - Send 10 Things". I set up the autoresponder with a pdf attachment, but when I send myself a test email, the pdf is not attached. What am I missing?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 11, 2016 at 03:53 AM
I did test your form and I am unable to replicate the issue you are having. I did receive the auto-responder email with the PDF file attachment. Please check the screenshot below:
It seems you are clicking on the "Test Email" button of your email alert wizard. I would suggest you to please test your live form by clicking on the submit button and you should receive auto-responder email with PDF attachment.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- stevenkesslerAnswered on November 26, 2016 at 06:45 PM
The above is great. However my account has switched to the new email wizard, so I don't see the Advanced tab any more for my autoresponder emails. How can I attach a pdf to an autoresponder email now?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 26, 2016 at 09:50 PM
If you close your browser and re-login again to your Form Builder, it should be reset to the current UI.
I test on your account and I was ale to see it working
Are you not seeing the same UI on your browser?
Please let us know if still not resolve.
- stevenkesslerAnswered on November 26, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Now I see. In a private window, I could get the new UI. But it took clearing the cache several times to get it to switch back to the new UI in the regular browser.
Being in the old UI also deleted the 3 pdf files I had uploaded, but once I got back to the new one, I was able to upload them again. All set now.
many thanks for your help. Your support is great.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Thank you for updating us on the status and letting us know all is good now. :-)
Contact us anytime should you require further assistance.
- stevenkesslerAnswered on November 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM
One more wrinkle -- 2 of my pdf files show 0 KB for the attachment, which naturally doesn't open, since there's nothing there. I've tried deleting those files from your system and re-uploading them, but the problem persists. the problem ones are
the Personality Traits
the other 2 pdfs are attaching and opening fine.
Can you see how to fix those two?