What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
What's the proper way of setting a Condition to send emails based on selected input?Asked by DaveProBizMedia on October 14, 2016 at 09:41 AMA related question: For the conditional logic set up for the other 5 centers in the drop down selector on this form, is the manor in which I set up Sunset Hills the proper set up? I ask because I originally had the emails who ALWAYS get notices on one line, separated by comma, then the center specific on it's own +line. Is this the best way to set this up?
Just to confirm before we suggest a better alternative to your Conditions, is this what you aim to achieve:
1. If Choose your Center Location is EQUAL TO O'Fallon, MO THEN Send Email to XYZ
2. If Choose your Center Location is EQUAL TO Creve Couer THEN Send Email to XYZ
3. If Choose your Center Location is EQUAL TO Sunset Hills THEN Send Email to XYZ
4. If Choose your Center Location is EQUAL TO Chesterfield THEN Send Email to XYZ
5. If Choose your Center Location is EQUAL TO St. Charles THEN Send Email to XYZ
6. If Choose your Center Location is EQUAL TO Florissant THEN Send Email to XYZ
(NOTE: All XYZ emails above are 6 unique emails)
7. If Choose your Center Location is FILLED (regardless of what was selected) THEN Send Email to XYZ (sort of like the admin that will get all notifications regardless of the Center Location)
If the example conditions I mentioned above will fit your requirements, let us know and we can show you how to set them up.
You may also do it from your end, just disable all your existing conditions first (don't delete them) to avoid any possible conflicts, then follow the logic of the examples above. Ensure you will be creating 7 Email Notifications (6 for each center + 1 as general) so you can choose them as your Email on your Conditions.
Related guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection
We'll wait for your reply.
Yes, for every submission:
- the Admin group of email addresses get every notice. (they will always get everything from this form)
- the center chosen email is conditional (1 of 6 different emails) get the notice. Each center has 1 unique email address, and that is the notice that is acted on buy staff at only that center.
You please send you recommendation.
There are several ways to proceed with this. We would have a different approach based on whether you are sending the same text to any of the six centers, or if you want to have a customized email notification for each center.
Let's assume the simplest setup:
1. You will be sending the exact same text to any of the six centers, but the decision which center will be receiving the message is derived from Conditional Logic.
2. You will be sending a notification to another group of recipients for every submission.
To set this up, we will first create one generic Email Notification, without any conditions - which will be sent to the admin group:
In its Recipients tab, you can enter all the admin group emails that will receive a notice from each submission:
You should end up with notifications set up in this manner:
As we will have an email notification for the admin group without any conditions, this email will be sent each time that the form is submitted. Now, we only need to set up additional 6 conditions, for each of your specific centers. The following guide describes how:
If you need any further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.