- sharikochAsked on October 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM
I am a volunteer coordinator for a hospice. We have 4 teams with 4 different volunteer coordinators. We all use the same volunteer visit form. Is there a way to create the form and then have the volunteer pick which volunteer coordinator the form needs to be delivered to?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 14, 2016 at 01:32 PM
It is possible to redirect the email notification to a different email address based on the selected answer by creating a Change Email Recipient condition. Here's a guide:
1. Create a Radio button field that will be used for the condition.
2. Click the "Condition" button in the toolbar.
3. Choose the "Change Email Recipient" condition.
4. Create a condition wherein if the Coordinator 1 is selected, the notification will be sent to the assigned email recipient.
5. Create a condition for the other option as well.
Related guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- sharikochAnswered on October 14, 2016 at 03:44 PMThank you for your help. I just need to confirm that I can add the "Radio Button Field" to the visit note and then the volunteer will have a drop down menu to choose their volunteer coordinator and then the form will be forwarded to the picked coordinator?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 14, 2016 at 05:36 PM
The Radio Button field is where the user can choose their volunteer coordinator. If they select the coordinator 1, the email notification will be sent to coordinator 1.
If you have any questions, let us know. Thank you.