- supremeprincesspageantsAsked on October 16, 2016 at 02:38 AM
On the new version of the Calculation Widget how do you make the result field read-only?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Perform Form Calculation Using a Widget
- JotForm SupportoliviaAnswered on October 16, 2016 at 08:40 AM
On the new version of the "Form Calculation Widget", unfortunately there no direct method to change calculation textbox to "Read Only". However, you can do it by following the steps below.
1. Hide "Form Calculation Widget" textbox in your form.
2. Add a new text field in your form to show result of the calculation.
2. Copy the value in calculation textbox to result textbox.
In the following images, you can see how to make a read-only textbox that shows the result of your calculation by using "Form Calculation Widget".
1. Add three "Textbox" in the "Basic Fields" to your form. One of them will show the result of your calculation.
2. Add "Form Calculation Widget" in the "More Fields" to your form. After that, please select the calculation field and click the "Wizard" button as shown in the image.
3. Add fields and operations that you will use in your calculation in the "Calculation Wizard". After that, click "Save" button.
4. To hide "Calculation" text box, select "Form Calculation Widget", click down arrow and click "Hide Field" option.
5. Select Result textbox field and click the "Properties" button.
6. Click the ADVANCED option tab and find the "Read-only" setting then turn it on. After that, click "Save Changes".
7. Now, click the "Conditions" button in Setup&Embed tab in Form Builder.
8. Select the "Update/Calculate Field" option under "New Condition" list. Your condition will provide to copy the value in "Form Calculation Widget" textbox to result textbox. After you create your condition, click the "Save" button.
9. As a result, your condition will be like this.
You can see the result in the following video.
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.