- agresidentAsked on October 16, 2016 at 05:07 PM
Previously, hover text correctly used line breaks.
Now it displays the break markup.
Hover question 1G Description and Attribution (required)
1. DESCRIPTION: Describe what is being submitted:<br /> a. Subject matter<br /> b. Text file types (txt, rtf, pdf, docx)<br /> c. Image file types (jpg, gif, png)<br />2. ATTRIBUTION: Provide attribution for files if submissions are not completely your creations. We assume your creations are copyrighted by you. <br />3. CONSENT: If you are writing personal information about other people, indicate if you have their consent to publish.
How do I use line breaks without displaying markup in hover text?
- JotForm SupportoliviaAnswered on October 17, 2016 at 03:05 AM
We are so sorry for this issue.
I tested your form and I was able to replicate the same issue. When you click the "enter" to move a new line, "Hover Text" perceives it as HTML tags. Unfortunately, it is a bug and I'm forwarding this issue to our developers.
However, you can fix it without clicking "Enter" and just by using "Space". In other words, you need to edit your text with "space" instead of entering.
I removed enters and I used just spaces between sentences as you can see below.
After above changing, you can see hover text as below.
Once this issue will be solved, you will be notified via this thread.
- agresidentAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 10:29 PM
10/19/2016 Seattle, WA
I received a JotForm email from Kiran telling me to follow a different thread.
I can' follow that thread because I don't have permission to access it. I get bounced to my account.
- JotForm SupportoliviaAnswered on October 20, 2016 at 02:32 AM
The thread that Kiran shared the link of is about the same issue and also Kiran opened a ticket about the issue. However, this thread is private. That's why you cannot see it. In other words, there is no problem about your account. We are sorry for this misunderstanding.
In addition to that, I checked the Hover Text again. Unfortunately, there is no improvement about it. When our developers solve the issue, we'll update you.
If you need any other assistance, please feel free to let us know.
- abteilungAnswered on October 21, 2016 at 12:22 PM
Same issue here at our form... Suddenly line breaks in hover text is showing <br> <br /> tags.
Our workaround: using just "space" between sentences. But this ist not how it should be, uh?
Thank you for fixing this!
- IrshadAnswered on October 21, 2016 at 01:31 PM
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This issue is already assigned to our Developers, and they are working to fix the issue.
We will send you further updates on this very soon.
Thanks for your patience!
- brandon.carlsonAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 05:56 PM
I'm seeing this issue, is there a fix I need to apply?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 09:26 PM
@brandon.carlson: I see that you opened your own thread regarding this matter. We will address you on that thread instead.