- karifinklerAsked on October 18, 2016 at 06:38 PM
Does this feature skip the upload to jotform server or is it making a copy of what currently gets uploaded to jotform?
This is a re-post of a comment on Uploadcare: A New Way to Upload Files to Your Form
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 18, 2016 at 09:19 PM
Just like all the other upload tools in Jotform, submission uploads using Uploadcare will also have a copy of the submission uploaded files in JotForm server.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- Dmitry MukhinAnswered on October 25, 2016 at 12:38 PM
I believe that's not true. No files are being transferred via JotForm servers :)
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 25, 2016 at 02:42 PM
The file upload field will indeed create a copy of any uploaded files in the users JotForm account whenever a submission is created. This is in addition to any files that are passed to various integrations. Uploadcare should be no different.
- okhazamovAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 10:15 AM
@david, can you please guide me through the process of accessing the copies of my files at JotForm server?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Files can be accessed from the submission view in your account:
- okhazamovAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 11:48 AM
thanks for the link, David. I think what you and Dmitry said is not mutually exclusive , I'll try to summarize both of your answers, so it's clear to everyone in regards to the original question. The content of uploaded file never passes through the form, the content goes directly to Uploadcare server's secure location, however the form will have a record pointing to that location. Correct me if I'm wrong, at the time of submission this record is available only to JotForm's account owner. So yes, the file skips the JotForm server during the submission, but the form knows where to find it afterwards.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 12:02 PM
My apologies, I was mistaken. A copy of the file does NOT get sent to JotForm servers. Files are sent to upload care only and will not be stored on JotForm servers. I assumed that this upload process was the same as other upload integrations, however, it is not.