- cbimensclubAsked on October 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 12:27 PM
Thank you for posting a question. However, it is unclear what you mean with just the title "stripe API key" and without the details of such concern. Can you provide us more information on this so we can address your inquiry properly?
- Jonathan SchorAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Stripe will not connect with the "connect through stripe". I want to enter the API instead. It worked in the past.
I dont know know how to do it
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 12:38 PM
I received your comment on the other thread but somehow it's not appearing there already.
Anyhow, on the current wizard, it's no longer possible to add the API key. If you still need it though, what you need to do is edit your form, and on your address bar, add &old and press enter.
After that, it should load the old version of the wizard and you should be able to go to the properties with the API fields available.
If you have questions, please let us know.
- impcatAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 02:57 PM
was browsing through support forum and came across your tip to add &old...guess what, it solved my problem whereby the Paypal Express Checkout integration wizard does not have a 'Fetch Data from a text field"...however, swtiching to old, I could use the old 'Custom Data Field' under the properties dialogue box...
However, how do I "switch back" to "new" (I mean, what is the opposite to &old? tried &new without success)
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 03:06 PM
My apologies for missing to give that information before hand. You can replace &old with &test.
If you have more questions, please let us know.
- impcatAnswered on October 19, 2016 at 03:07 PM
don't apologise...quick response as usual...jotform tech support rocks!!