- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 20, 2016 at 01:41 PM
Yes, here is an example on how to create an approval workflow:
1) Create your form. Lets say the user fills the form and select 1 of X number of administrators you have listed to send the application to:
1.2) Add a Page Break field, from the "Survey Fields" tab, into your form. Set the visibility for the back and next button to hidden.
(Add this page break field after the first submit button)
2) Create the email notification that will be sent to the person who will approve or decline: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
Now build a custom edit URL that will show the manager or approver the "Approval area". Example:
3) Create the conditions in order to send the notification to a specific email address based on a selection: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection
4) Create a form autoresponder that will contain a message that lets the user know that he has been approved: https://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder, and make sure to enable the "Send on Edit" option:
5) Create another condition to send the autoresponder:
Here is my form example: https://form.jotform.co/62646803339865
You can clone and inspect it if you want to: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Let us know if you need more help.