- goldencarrotAsked on October 21, 2016 at 03:42 AM
Currently it's not allowing my other triggers to work, so i was told i needed to turn it off and allow zapier to forward the info to jotform. Please help
The page that had the form is goldencarrots.com/drive
its actually 2 forms. My affiliate sign up form and my new subscriber form
- CharlieAnswered on October 21, 2016 at 05:06 AM
I am not sure if disabling the IPN would be a good idea. The IPN is used to notify a system that payment was successfully made in Paypal. I presume you have different web applications that needs to be setup? Or you want to have multiple IPNs in Paypal?
Here's how it works:
1. Form is filled out by user
2. User is redirected to the Paypal payment gateway.
3. If user successfully completes payment, Paypal will send a notification to JotForm's system via the IPN.
4. JotForm will then mark the said submissions as "Completed" because payment was successful.
5. If the user did not complete the payment, the submissions is marked as "Incomplete Payment", you can learn more about it in this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/272-Paypal-Incomplete-Payments-FAQ
6. Now the issue that some users are getting is if the IPN is not properly setup. Submissions with completed payment in Paypal will be marked as "Incomplete Payment" in JotForm, because JotForm may or may not receive a confirmation message from Paypal. This does not apply to all, some users do not need to enable the IPN.
We usually advise enabling the IPN when an issue arises on your submissions. Here's a guide about enabling IPN in Paypal: https://www.jotform.com/help/276-How-to-Enable-IPN-for-Paypal. You should be able to reset the IPN by simply turning it off and on again.
Now I am not sure how Zapier would work on this. You may need to contact Paypal support for this kind of setup.
I hope that helps.