What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Sub User IssueAsked by KnoxAdmin on October 21, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Hi - Ross Davis from Knox College in Galesburg, IL writing.
We have a problem with one of our sub-uses. The following is a blow by blow account of the situation.
- firstname.lastname@example.org had a free account while we were initially evaluating JotForm.
- After we adopted Jotform I added email@example.com as one of our sub-users.
- When she tried logging as firstname.lastname@example.org she continued to get her free account.
- I contacted Jotform yesterday and requested the free email@example.com be removed.
- Yesterday, I also removed the firstname.lastname@example.org as one of our sub-users
- She was notified overnight that her account had been deleted.
Do we need to have you remove all instance of email@example.com? Or is there another course of action we need to take?
It looks like our staff mistook remove as a sub-user as remove the account. Since the account was still in the holding period before actually being deleted, the account was still in our system. This was blocking the ability to add the same email address as a sub-user.
I restored the firstname.lastname@example.org account and that account should be able to access the shared forms once again.
1) When Emily looks as the details of her account is says "Free Account". Is this typical for all sub-users?
All sub-users will show at their own current account level, not at the subscription level of the account that has shared forms with them. As long as the forms they are creating are in the shared folder, they will be created in the upgraded account and subject to the upgraded limits.
2) When using Chrome as her browser on Windows 8, when she attempts to edit a field, she does not get the "Complete" or Edit HTML button. Weird! Cache cleared, etc. Restarted computer (a Suface Pro). Does work in Firefox.... Thoughts?
Their may be something in their browser blocking the resources to load those buttons. Using a different browser works because those resources are no longer being blocked.
Thank you for clarifying these questions. Consider these issues as closed.
I'm most impressed with your product and the tech support offered. Good Job!!!
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Feel free to contact us, if you have any other question.