- devenaimsAsked on October 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM
See example PDF I just recieved: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ptthNbwqk2cTJELXhON3lRVGsPage URL:
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on October 21, 2016 at 01:29 PM
Hello @devenaims, those random texts you see are encrypted Submission Data. I checked your Form Revision History and confirmed you have now disabled the encryption option:
1. Re-enable the Form Encryption option.
2. Use the private .key file you downloaded when you first enabled the encryption then upload it to view/decrypt it. To give you an idea how to decrypt your submission data, both from your Submissions Page and from Email, refer to the following clips:
1. Via Submission page:
2. Via email notification:
Just in case you're not aware, I'll list down the important things to note of when enabling Form Encryption:
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
These, along with tons of other useful info, were mentioned on our detailed guide about Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them