What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
My Form Submission PDF is showing random code in place of the regular text entered into a text field...Asked by devenaims on October 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM
See example PDF I just recieved: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ptthNbwqk2cTJELXhON3lRVGs
Hello @devenaims, those random texts you see are encrypted Submission Data. I checked your Form Revision History and confirmed you have now disabled the encryption option:
1. Re-enable the Form Encryption option.
2. Use the private .key file you downloaded when you first enabled the encryption then upload it to view/decrypt it. To give you an idea how to decrypt your submission data, both from your Submissions Page and from Email, refer to the following clips:
1. Via Submission page:
2. Via email notification:
Just in case you're not aware, I'll list down the important things to note of when enabling Form Encryption:
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
These, along with tons of other useful info, were mentioned on our detailed guide about Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them