JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
I tried this to move a form data from one JotForm to another and foundAsked by MORWA on October 22, 2016 at 10:24 PM
I tried this to move a form data from one JotForm to another and found it to be ineffective.
The use case I'm trying to solve with this solution is as follows:
1) I have 6 JotForms that are virtually identical, except for one prefilled field. (This is by design - someday I may get more efficient.)
2) The user needs to select the correct JotForm based on the submission type.
3) The user selects the wrong form and inputs the data.
4) I want to move the data from the current form to a different one.
6) Since all forms have the same fields and field labels, I expected to be able to export the submission to Excel, clean out the submissions I do not want to import, and then import the submission into the correct form.
7) The problem came when I found the headers the import requested were not the same as the new form's.
8) I copy/pasted the new headers into my spreadsheet and went ahead with the import, but received several errors on the data. Several fields had not copied over in the same format as the form.
So, I'd still like a solution that lets me move form data from one form to another.
Or I need to use one form for all and parse the data elsewhere.
This is a re-post of a comment on Import App: Easily import your Excel or CSV data into JotForm
Even if they are similar forms, they do have different header IDs so you will have to make sure that the data matches exactly on the target field type.
This method works normally just fine when performed accordingly. I suggest you review your exported data then place the provider header and review if those matches exactly on the data assigned to them. If it still shows you errors, please take a screenshot and upload it here on the forum so we can further investigate. You can also take note of those errors and correct them in your next import.