- maribethuAsked on October 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM
My form "AF Sponsorship Form" is set up for the user to select which sponsor level they'd like. I would also like to give the user the ability to give an additional amount OR not select any of the sponsor levels and give an amount that they would like. Is it possible to have this on one form, or would I need to set up a separate form specifically for taking donations?
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 25, 2016 at 02:26 PM
It is possible to have a text box for the custom amount in the payment tool. Please refer to the steps below:
1. Select the payment field and then click the wand icon.
2. Click the "Create New Product" button.
3. Enter the product name and 1.00 USD in the price. After that, click the "Add Quantity" button.
4. In the Quantity page, select the "Text Box" option. Put the label you preferred and the default quantity. After that, click the "Save Quantity" button.
5. Click the "Save Product" button.
Here's the result:
Also, you can use the Form Calculation widget to calculate fields outside the payment tool. Here's a guide: How-to-Perform-Calculation-in-the-Form. After that, you can pass the calculated value in the payment tool by using the "User Defined Amount" option. Please refer to this guide: How-to-Pass-a-Calculation-to-a-Payment-Field.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- maribethuAnswered on October 25, 2016 at 02:44 PMThank you so much!
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 25, 2016 at 04:04 PM
Glad I can help. If you need any help, let us know. Thank you.