- nagarajAsked on May 05, 2012 at 04:52 AM
Good Evening. I want to create a form for captuting details of clients met during the week, action items and discussion drtails.
As the number of clients met will vary for each sales person and each week, how can i create a form where my users select adding rows when they use the form.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 05, 2012 at 05:47 PM
There is really no immediate tools or code to dynamically add rows when needed.
BUT you can also use what JotForm can do out-of-the-box. I can think of 2 ways to do it.
1. Pre-populate the form with the input boxes as rows (I suggest the matrix tool). Then use a drop down field to show/hide the required rows using -Conditional-Logic-on-Forms . i.e. the dropdown box contains the number of rows needed, then you have a matrix with same number of rows selected from drop box.
2. You can also try using the collpase tool. Add a header text on top of the collapse tool, indicating if an additional is needed. In the collapse tool, the form content is a matrix tool with corresponding number of rows needed.
Hope this helps you in any way. Please contact us if you need further assistance.
- nagarajAnswered on May 06, 2012 at 09:24 AMThanks a lot, there must be something I am doing wrong, am unable to do the form as I have in my excel.
What I need is given below, please advice how I can achieve this. I will have over 60 submissions per week for my sales staff.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 06, 2012 at 03:59 PM
Can you please provide us at least a screen capture of what you wanted to achieve.
The excel you mentioned was not included.
Will await your response. Thanks.
- nagarajAnswered on May 06, 2012 at 09:46 PMThank you. The Screen shot is here and also is the excel.