- abteilungAsked on October 26, 2016 at 10:11 AMAnd another question (I already posted about this some weeks ago in another thread): What is the exact purpose of your "status page" if there is no current updates concerning such issues? This could save a lot of time for you and us and threads like this one would be unnecessary. As it is for now, our customers are calling us if they encounter any problems with our upload form: "Oh, is there again some problem with your form?" No good.
- KadeJMAnswered on October 26, 2016 at 10:21 AM
You've mentioned you posted a thread about this some time ago but, unfortunately I am unable to locate any thread about that currently.
Are you referring to this status page of ours here http://jotformstatus.com/ ?
If so then yes we do list updates about our status there but it is more for major server related issues that happen which severely affect us and that is why you see some things listed but not all.
Additionally, if it's something of the sort then we will usually display a status message in our forum at the very top to notify everyone.
- abteilungAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 10:28 AM
Yes, I'm reffering to jotformstatus.com. This could be really useful and I think it's kind of a good thing. I only wanted to propose to have some current information on this page concerning issues like problems with uploads or other minor bugs. Sorry, but otherwise it's kind of useless. On jotformstatus.com are links to Jotform's facebook and twitter Accounts, too. Normally you would expect to have some really up to date status info there. But there isn't any.
In short: not the minor bugs are the problem (we love jotform here and appreciate your service and fast support). But transparency about these bugs would be a nice "feature", so we could deal with them.
And unfortunately I've never seen those status status meesages posted at your forum. Maybe they should be sticky at the top pf the forum?
- abteilungAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM
I've posted my question concerning your status page on this thread:
Answered by abteilung on May 20, 2016 at 09:09 AM
Hello Neil Vicente,
thank you for your answer... Good to knoe that this was kind of a temporarily problem and it is solved now. For future bugs it would be fine to have those issues on jotform status pages or something like that. Because if we knew that there is an issue with file uploads in advance, we could have saved many hours in searching for a reason why the files are missing.
Is there any website where we can see actual problems you are working on?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Apologies for the inconveniences you've experienced.
However, as explained above by Kade, do note that major issues or down times are posted on the JotForm status page, when there is an issue with some of our features such as the file uploads, widgets, integrations or with anything else, then we display this in our JotForm Support page:
Currently there is nothing showing as we have not experienced problems with our features, but if, for example, there would be an issue with a widget that affects almost or all of our users then there would be a message altering about it while the problem is resolved.
- abteilungAnswered on November 02, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Thank you for answering! OK. I will check this if we have some issues.
Nevertheless I would propose to have these also posted on the status page or something like that. Because we could get fast status updates by following your twitter account. For now we have to rely on our customers to report about these issues.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on November 02, 2016 at 12:17 PM
I will forward your suggestion to our second level so it could be taken into account, if there are updates then we will notify you via this thread.
- abteilungAnswered on January 02, 2017 at 07:11 AM
Just as an update on this thread: there has been an issue with jotform (https://www.jotform.com/answers/992074-Problem-with-uploading-file#24) but unfortunatly no message on the support forum... So I still do think there should be another really up to date status page or up to date information.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 02, 2017 at 07:54 AM
Thank you for your response. Apparently, the request on this thread is still pending. However, if there are issues that may arise, it gets immediately posted on the banner here in the forum. But as soon as we have updates on this request, we'll inform you right away.
On the case of the other thread, a colleague has just responded to it. Please do check the thread for the response.