- OlafAsked on May 06, 2012 at 07:02 AM
I just started laying with Jotform. I like its straightfoward and intutive approach.
When checking whether my forms I quickly run into accessibility issues, for example, for a check box, the label to the checkbox is not associated with the checkbox itself, makign the form essentially useless for users that have to rely on tools like a screen reader. If you wanted to quickly find ut what issues exist, use the free web accessibility checker at http://wave.webaim.org/ and enter the Jotform URL for the form.
WAVEing a form will quickly give you an idea about what is lacking. See also WCAG 2 info from W3C's WAI for more extensive info around this.
As Jotforms seems to be structured and implemented very cleanly I have the impression it might be very easy to fix accessibility issues.
Anything that could be done frm the user side until things are addressed by the Jotform implementers?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 06, 2012 at 04:24 PM
What you just presented is very interesting indeed.
I tried Waveing your sample form, I admit I just quickly course through it, but I think I did enough test to warrant a question for you since I think you know this better than me.
1. In your sample form -- http://form.jotformeu.com/form/21262931862352 , it says 2 errors, I found 1 in red, but could not find the second?
2. Would you know and have a much simpler explanation what the error 1 means? The hover tip errror message is a bit general and does not say exactly what is its "error".
3. In your own experience, would you know how to redo this form so that the waveing error would go away?
Will await your response.
Thank you very much for your inputs. JotForm always appreciate contributions/feedback from its users.
- adrian59Answered on April 16, 2013 at 03:07 AMApril 2013 I have just created at jotform and WAVE'd it....still seems fairly poor on accessibility ...have any changes been made as a result of posts or am I (as a new user) missing something in the form creation process?Adrian
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 16, 2013 at 04:59 AM
I'd suggest you to open a separate thread using this link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/answer.php? so just in case we need your concern to escalate to our developers. Also, this thread is a bit too old, it is wiser to create a new one.