What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I offer an early bird rate until a certain date and switch it to new price afterAsked by jhj105 on October 27, 2016 at 03:43 PM
I want to offer price A (early bird rate) until a certain date, then have it automatically switch to the new price. Is that possible or do I need to do it manually? Thanks.
There is no direct option to do this in the payment configuration, you can do the following workaround:
1. Configure the items using Radio Button field.
2. Add a DateTime field and set its default date to current.
3. Add a calculation widget.
4. Conditionally set the price in the calculation based on the radio button and date field. Here's a sample condition, add 400 to the calculation when early bird is selected and the date field is before Nov. 11, 2016:
You have to add an opposite condition that would add the regular price AFTER the preferred date. Then, just do the same for the other items.
5. Pass the calculation to the payment field: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
Here's a test form for you to see the result: https://www.jotformpro.com/form/63007715551956?preview=true. You can clone this form to your account so you check how I set it up. Here's how:
Let us know if you need further assistance.
By the way, you can hide the DateTime field in the form. My form has the DateTime visible just to show you the entire settings. The same for the calculation widget.
You can hide the field from its properties: