- dhebeAsked on October 28, 2016 at 07:07 AM
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 09:22 AM
Hello and thank you for contacting us. Can you please let us know how did you get this prompt?
So we can investigate this further.
We'll wait for your response.
- dhebeAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 09:43 AM
It shows up after pressing the reset buttton to clear formular fields
- dhebeAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 09:50 AM
Of course I want to have the website Domain as sender of this message: "Are you sure you want to clear the form?"
- dhebeAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 09:53 AM
It's unnecessary to nahe any sender of this message. Just the question will be sufficient.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 28, 2016 at 12:33 PM
The Jotform domain will appear when you embed the form using our iframe method. If you don't want to show the domain, you have to use the default JS method or the source codes embed method.
Here are some pages showing the alert message:
Default JS embed: https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/html/974382-js.html
iFrame embed: https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/html/974382-iframe.html
Source Codes: https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/html/974382.html
shots.jotform.com is where the form is embedded.
- dhebeAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 03:41 AM
Two of the links above are broken. The other is meaningless to me.
The default JS method doesn't work in XARA Designer Pro X11 (latest version).
In this editor there are 3 formats, one for each page. When copying the placeholder with the code from one format to the other formats the form doesn't show up in those formats when exported. It appeared only in the first embedded format but a placeholder picture was shon in alle 3 formats. It didn't even appear on the exportes site when I tried it with identically formatted placeholders each of the desktop, tablet, and smartphone pages. And it doesn't work either with differently formatted placeholders and either not when pasted and copied the total placeholder with the code or the code only into the placeholders and ist didn't matter if the placeholders have different oder the same format. In XARA placeholders containing widget codes must be copied to the other formats, XARA can't transfer the widget with code inside automatically to other format versions as this is possible with text or pictures.
At least I installed the iframe method again after.
Third:Few days ago I installed the custom sender email-adress email@example.com. I tested it and it works. But now the sender is again a jotform domain.Shit!Fourth:
When testing the mails from completely correct filled in forms I didn't get the autoresponder email nor the notification.
The site is: www.jures-fachseminare.de/anmeldung.htm
The jotform code no is 62887746821369
All the frustrating tryings caused 600 form views in 2 days!!!
So please solve that problem!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 05:23 AM
Thank you for the detailed response. I understand that the default JS method is not suitable for your requirement. In this case, I believe there is a possible workaround so that the alert will show your custom domain instead of the Jotform address while still using the iFrame code. Please follow the steps below:
1. First you need to setup a custom domain for the form. Please follow this guide to learn how: How to use Custom Domains with Jotform
2. Once you have a custom domain, you can now edit the iFrame code and use your custom domain as the source of the iFrame code. Embed the modified iFrame code to your page.
Below is an example of an iFrame code with a custom domain. You simply need to edit the "src=" section that is highlighted below:
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame-63082627440958" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" allowtransparency="true" src="http://forms.mycompanydomain.com/form/1234567890" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:539px; border:none;" scrolling="no"> </iframe>
Now when a user clears the form, the alert will show the custom domain instead of the jotform address.
To avoid any confusion, I have moved your third and fourth question into new threads. Please follow the links below to view them:
- dhebeAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 01:47 PM
Now I've installed a subdomain firstname.lastname@example.org
with the CNAME-Record custom.jotform2.com.
Please note that the hosting server only allowed to set the dot behind com
It was not allowed to leave freespace behind com nor a slash.
I hope this will be ok. But what are the further steps?
Your recommended instruction https://www.jotform.com/answers/974382-How-to-remove-the-Jotform-adress-in-the-attached-alert says
2: Now, instead of using the regular form URL you got from our Publish section.
You will be able to load the form with a customized domain:
How to manage it? What is to do to apply this to my form 62887746821369 ????
1. How to load my form with the customized domain.
2. And what happens with the custom sender adress in the emails settings (= email@example.com)? It worked after installing, but a few days later I still got the default jotform domain as sender. Do I need this sender adress any more? If yes, I will change it into firstname.lastname@example.org. Will this be necessary? Or what is recommended to do?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 05:39 PM
You have created a noreply.jures-fachseminare.de sub domain, so you can use it in your form URLs.
Note, that SSL is not supported for custom domain forms, so you will need to use http instead of https in your form links.
Custom domain will not affect your email settings in any way.
- dhebeAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 07:01 PM
Fine, but how can I manage this? What is the procedure to change the jotform domain into the jures sudomain?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on November 04, 2016 at 08:38 PM
You simply get the standard form code from JotForm, and manually replace:
with your sub domain and http
For example, from:
- dhebeAnswered on November 07, 2016 at 10:43 PM
On the web page http://www.jures-fachseminare.de/anmeldung.htm I have two forms: 62887746821369 and 627885572429367
From both forms the notification mail and the autoresponder mails doesn't reach the recipients.
Please check the attached 3 screenshots concerning the first above mentioned form. The custom sender adress settings are the same except of the Jotform noumber Something must be wrong.
I hope you'll find the bug.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 08, 2016 at 12:41 AM
Since your latest question is not related to the feature on this thread, I have moved your post into a new thread to avoid any confusion. Please follow this link to view that thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/984582.