- StephenPGrantAsked on November 02, 2016 at 10:04 PM
I uploaded a file key, now I need to de-crypt a response that someone sent through and I don't know how.
- BorisAnswered on November 03, 2016 at 06:14 AM
Please see the following guide on how to use encrypted forms, and how to view / decrypt your submissions:
The section titled "How do we decrypt the text in the submissions panel to see it?" describes how to decrypt the responses.
Please let us know how it goes.
- StephenPGrantAnswered on November 03, 2016 at 11:44 AMI received the notification that I received a response but at no time was asked to upload my key. This step is missing. This is why I contacted you in the first place.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 03, 2016 at 01:34 PM
You have to go to your form submissions page to upload the private key once the encryption wizard appears. If the wizard doesn't pop-up, that means the private key file is still saved in your browser. This should automatically decrypt form data once you visit your form submissions page.
If that doesn't work, clear your browser's cache and cookies to remove the saved private key file in your browser. The wizard should pop-up after that once you visit your form submissions page again. If not, you can try it on incognito mode/private mode.
- StephenPGrantAnswered on November 03, 2016 at 03:44 PMThis is what my screen looks like.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on November 03, 2016 at 05:56 PM
The screenshot or image you're trying to share is not showing. Please follow the steps below in order to share an image properly:
1. Open this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/980390
2. Scroll down and you'll see the "Your Answer" reply editor.
3. Click the "Insert/Edit Image" icon and then upload the screenshot.
We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.