- grgadventuresAsked on May 09, 2012 at 05:36 AM
user name - grgadventures
I have just signed up to use jotform and embedded a form to my website file:///C:/Users/Chrissy/Documents/grgs%20adventure%20kayaking/contactus.html
The form is working fine, i have tested it twice, however I am not receiving email alerts. The email I want it forwarded it to is email@example.com
I would be very grateful if you could help me out!
- gori-mathewAnswered on May 09, 2012 at 07:14 AM
Please set the notification email for your forms. I cloned your forms and didn't see this set.
Check this link for more guides; http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Receiving-Emails-on-Form-Submissions
Hope this helps, incase you need further assistance please lets know.
- grgadventuresAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 03:26 AM
Hi,. I have done this but I am still not receiving notifications... any ideas?
- AtacanCAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 03:44 AM
Can you please change the Sender E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org? You can also add JotMail's Ip Addresses to your mail provider's whitelist.
To change the Sender E-mail please follow these steps below:
While you are on your Form Builder;
- Click on ''Setup & Embed'',
- Click on ''Email Alerts'',
- Click on ''Notification'',
- Click on ''Reply-To Recipient Settings'',
- Change ''Sender E-mail'' to email@example.com,
- Click on ''Finish'' and save your form.
If this still doesn't work, please do let us know.