JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Configurable List Not Saving Data From CheckboxesAsked by phonlab on November 04, 2016 at 04:41 PM
For a study, we would like to have participants categorize Chinese characters in a list by whether or not they are homophones. There can be one or more sets of homophones in a given list. I set the question up as a configurable list, with the intention that participants could add a row for each set of homophones in the list, and within each row, could check off the characters that make up a set of homophones. It is very important that participants do not type the answers because if they type, they are likely to use "standard" pronunciations, rather than their own dialect, for categorizing. Thus, a configurable list seemed like the best approach.
However, upon checking my test submission, I found that none of the checkbox data is being saved! As you can see in the screenshot, the boxes under each character are blank, even though I checked some of them off. I took a look at the excel file as well, but it is definitely not saving the results.
For example, the file has
"漢字: 漢字, 販: , 反: , 凡: , 泛: , 飯: , 翻: , 的讀音相同。: 的讀音相同。, 左邊各個漢字讀音皆不同。:"
listed as the answer to one of the questions, as if nothing was checked off. I need to know which characters were checked off, e.g. something like
"漢字: 漢字, 販:販 , 反:反 , 凡: , 泛:泛 , 飯: , 翻: , 的讀音相同。: 的讀音相同。, 左邊各個漢字讀音皆不同。:"
"漢字: 漢字, 販:x , 反:x , 凡: , 泛:x , 飯: , 翻: , 的讀音相同。: 的讀音相同。, 左邊各個漢字讀音皆不同。:".
Can this be fixed?
Thanks in advance for your help!
I used a cloned form https://form.jotform.com/63088079330963 to test as well. I was able to reproduced the issue.
Allow more time to investigate what could be causing the issue. I'll be back shortly.
I was able to identify the caused of issue.
Do not use html codes on the labels/names of the widget input field.
The Checkboxes were not properly setup in the Configurable list.
There should be options after the field type (i.e Checkbox) separated by comma. I.E. format should be "checkbox: option1, option2, nth" .
I corrected the 2 mentioned conflict on my test form https://form.jotform.com/63088079330963 and it has worked properly now.
Please try these also on your form. See if it resolve the issue on your form.
Hope this help. Let us know if issue remains.
Thanks for your help!
Everything seems to be working now.
We're glad to be of help. :-)
Contact us anytime for any assistance you need on JotForm.