- mmadduxAsked on November 05, 2016 at 01:55 AM
Can you setup a conversion / goal and not direct to a new message received page?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 05, 2016 at 11:59 AM
If you mean to redirect users to an external page, that is possible in Jotform. Simply follow our steps from this guide:
If not, please give us more information about it so we can help you further.
- mmadduxAnswered on November 05, 2016 at 12:44 PMI mean instead of redirecting visitors to new page, can I keep "message
received" on form and still track a conversion using let's say AdWords code
or Google Analytics goals? The new page is easy. Just not sure how to do
this after submission when remaining on same page. Thoughts?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 06, 2016 at 03:16 AM
We have analytics widgets that you can add in your form http://widgets.jotform.com/search/analytics. This will help you with conversion tracking.
Unfortunately, we do not have that kind of thank you message functionality where it only shows a popup message after submission. By default, our form would redirect to its thank you message after submission. Redirecting to a custom URL is also an option. However, despite of this, the analytics widget should work as expected.
- mmadduxAnswered on November 06, 2016 at 08:44 PMYou guys able to get me a response on this?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 07, 2016 at 12:22 AM
Please allow me to inform you that the form will always redirect to either the default thank you message or a custom url page after submission. It is not possible to remain on the same page when the form is submitted.
However, as suggested by my colleague, we do have analytics widgets that you can use for your form. I recommend using the Google Analytics widget here: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/google_analytics
We also offer a Form Analytics feature that you can check to track the responses on your form: Introducing Form Analytics
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- mmadduxAnswered on November 07, 2016 at 01:44 AMWhen I add the GA widget, my Tag Assistant by Google shows a warning of two
of the same Google (Same web property ID is tracked twice). Do you see this
as an issue?
Will this widget track events or goals?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 07, 2016 at 03:12 AM
I have not encountered the "same web property ID" message with the widget. Do you have the form embedded on a page? Perhaps that page also has the same web property. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies and try again?
The Google Analytics Widget allows you to embed the Universal Analytics tracking code onto your form's source code. You will be able to see the results in your Google Analytics account. Form submissions are not tracked as events, and I think there is currently no plan to add this functionality. The tracked data is the same as if you manually added the Google Analytics tracking code to a webpage.