- teedartAsked on May 09, 2012 at 03:41 PM
I did some searching and couldn't find anyone else having this issue. I use a lot of pre-poluated URL's, which has never given me a problem. But, appearently. If the url pre-populates a field that has a hint in it, the pre-populated text becomes the hint instead of filling the field. Your help would be much appreciated.
I have decided not to post a URL to my order form as I do not want it used, mostly because I would like this post kept public as I feel others may be having this issue.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 09, 2012 at 05:21 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
It seems that this problem is related to Internet Explorer. I was able to reproduce it, however, there is no such bug in Internet Explorer 10.
In order to solve this issue you may simply remove "Hint Example" for your pre-populated fields.
Please give it a try, and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- teedartAnswered on May 09, 2012 at 05:24 PM
I had already removed the hints, but it's a shame. I dislike IE so much.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 09, 2012 at 05:28 PM
Is this working fine now without hints? We are not in love with IE too :)
- teedartAnswered on May 09, 2012 at 05:50 PM
Yes, the URL's are woking fine. Thank you. And, my IE using clients are much happier.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 09, 2012 at 05:53 PM
I am glad it helps. Thank you for using our services!