- labman3Asked on November 08, 2016 at 09:57 AM
I want to build a simple form for requesting maintenance. Part 1 the employee completes and part 2 maintenance completes.
when employee completes part 1 he/she submits it to maintenace department. When maintenance completes work and presses submit, the form is sent back to the requester as "Work Completed"
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 08, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Hello Bill, thank you for contacting our Support.
I have an idea how you can achieve what you need.
I would create only one form, where certain parts will be hidden for certain people. So the workflow would be to have one form and when it is submitted Notifier goes to Maintenance (but their part of the form becomes visible only when they receive it), then, they fill their information in and submit back, now Notifier will go to requester with information related.
1. So, I would hide second part of the form:
2. And I added Edit link in Notifier, that will go to Maintenance:
3. Once they receive that email, they will be able to view the whole form inputted and do the rest of the filling:
4. I also added one radio button just as a trigger of if the maintenance is done (you can use this option to trigger sending of emails):
5. The mentioned field I used to send emails to Requester, for example:
That way you can use one form and with multiple Notifier system send related information to respected department.
Please let us know what do you think about this setup.
- labman3Answered on November 09, 2016 at 01:22 PM
THank you for your help. when i clone your form, all calculations and conditions are deleted.
- labman3Answered on November 09, 2016 at 03:51 PM
How could I make the notification email reflect the "Requested by" field?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 09, 2016 at 05:28 PM
I checked your form and I see that you created like I advised, is it working for you like you wanted?
Regarding your other question I opened a separate thread and you can find it here.
Please let us know, regarding the issue in this thread, if everything is ok.
- labman3Answered on November 09, 2016 at 09:55 PM
Yes, it works. thank you!!