- calimmjAsked on December 05, 2010 at 09:53 PM
I am looking to add a terms and conditions to the form and the user needs to be ablte to agree with the terms before proceeding. Please let me know if this is possible. You have a great service and looking forward to hearing form you.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 06, 2010 at 11:54 AM
I think you would like two things:
1. "Accept Terms of Conditions" checkbox where the user has to check to be able to submit the form.
2. A written text of terms of conditions or a link to the terms page.
You will need to use two separate form fields for these:
1. For "Accept Terms of Conditions" checkbox, use a "Checkbox" field. It is under the default field list. Then select that question and select "Required" from the toolbar.
2. For the terms and conditions text, use the "Free Text (HTML)" option under "Power Tools" toolbox on the left side.
- cbsocialAnswered on January 04, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Hi! I am trying to do the same thing, but I am legally required to have the "terms and conditions" be unchecked by default. Is there a way to do this?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 04, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Have you tried my instructions above? What was the problem?
- cbsocialAnswered on January 04, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Originally I was unable to have the terms and conditions check box be unchecked by default (but still required).
I think the problem was in that my option had no text associated with it. (The options's header text said "Yes, I have read and agree to the Official Rules.", but the actual option had no text. Once I changed the option's text to "Yes, I have read and agree to the Official Rules." I was given the option to have it unchecked. Thanks!