- bel35g27Asked on November 09, 2016 at 03:49 AM
Secondly, I have not linked to Dropbox yet as I am not sure how or what is saved. So my questions are:
1. what is actually saved in Dopbox, a excel sheet of the data, a PDF of each individual submission etc?
2. how are the pictures saved, as separate files or embedded in the pdf or a link in an excel sheet?
3. if the photographs are embedded and or links, can I get them as individual files, as more users just need access to the photographs.
- JotForm SupportoliviaAnswered on November 09, 2016 at 06:47 AM
Let me clarify these three points in your question about Dropbox integration.
1. You receive PDF version of submissions (not excel sheets or others) into your Dropbox folder. It is created a PDF per a form submission in your Dropbox folder.
2. If you are using "File Upload" tool in your form and users upload pictures with this tool, pictures will be uploaded directly into your Dropbox folder, not in PDF version of the submission. They are uploaded in image format.
On the other hand, if you are using "Take Photo" widget to get pictures from users, these pictures will be uploaded in PDF version, not in image format.
Note that, all submissions will be at separate files, I mean that in separate PDFs.
3. You can also create separate folders for each submissions, too.
Please have a look at the guide about how to upload Dropbox with JotForm: Upload-to-Dropbox-with-JotForm
Please have a look at the following image. If you select "No Folder" when you integrate your form to Dropbox, your uploads will come in the same folder. However, if you select another option, each submissions will come in separate folders and these folders will be named as submitters' name, email or others according to your preferences.
As I mentioned above, all submissions come in individual files (PDF files or image files) in the same folder or separate folder according to your preferences.
Please have a look at the following guide: How-to-Setup-Folders-Using-UniqueID-in-Dropbox
If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.