- madesimone2011Asked on May 10, 2012 at 07:51 PM
I don't understand why my submissions are considered secured?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 10, 2012 at 08:21 PM
Which version of the form's URL have you notified others to use? Does it start with https? If so, please request that one of the non-secured URLs (beginning with http) be used instead. You can find one version of the form's non-secured URLs by clicking the form while on your My Forms page and then clicking the Preview button. A slightly longer version can be found if the form is loaded into the form builder and the Preview button there is clicked. That same version can be found if the Embed Form button is clicked. Clicking the Secure form button is will change the URL in the box to a secure version.
Hope this helped.
- madesimoneAnswered on May 10, 2012 at 09:44 PMI am using the HTTP (not HTTPS) URL. I just went in and chose it again and tested it. It is still being counted as an SSL submission so now I have 8 of 10 used for the month. I am concerned as I do not know to fix it and we are expecting approx 50 submissions this month on this form. We use the same form every year and this is the first year I have ever had this issue.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 10, 2012 at 09:47 PM
Okay, I'll submit a ticket for our developers to investigate why this is happening.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 10, 2012 at 09:53 PM
I've submitted the ticket but just let me run a few test submissions via the form to see if it's happening from my end as well. (Don't worry, I'll roll back the submissions when I'm done.)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Okay, I've made three (3) regular submissions, one via each of the URLs listed below (the form's ID has been removed in case you don't want that info publicly divulged)
Your account's tally before my tests were as follows:
After my tests:
As you can see, the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) submission count did not increase. So, I'm at a loss as to why your test submissions were recorded as secure ones. Did you use any of the addresses listed above when conducting your tests?
(As promised, your submission count has been rolled back to what it was before my tests.)