- GerrySAsked on November 12, 2016 at 08:23 AM
I am very fed up with Jot forms.
I have produced a form and when I add logic states it does not save the form. The little circle of nothingness goes round and round and round and round and NOTHING Happens it doesnt save and stops me from doing anything further.
The condition that fails is where I want to look up an entry in one box (name of fish) and then have the latin name for the fish populate the box that says Latin name for fish. When I add another condition ie if another field contains the phrase "Haddock" I want the Latin name of the fish again to appear in the box. But it doesnt allow me to save the form. This is massively frustrating as Im doing this for someone else who wants to purchase Jotform.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 11:03 AM
I'm suspecting that this may be a form cache issue. I have just cleared your form's cache. Can you try again and see if the problem persists? Please keep us posted.
- GerrySAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM
In case you didnt get my e-mail. Just to confirm that the problem still persists, the form is comletely locked, I tried removing the logic and the fields and it wont save the forms
- GerrySAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 11:24 AM
I just tried it in a different browser, (Firefox) it saved after a couple of minutes but the second edit failed to save. (Just adding a further conditional expression)
- GerrySAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 11:44 AMIll give it a go,
How would I clear the cache if it happens again ?
- GerrySAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 11:44 AMNope, Still not saving
- GerrySAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 11:44 AMStill completely stuck !
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 12, 2016 at 07:32 PM
Here are the steps on how to clear your forms' cache:
1) Go to My Account
2) Go to Settings
3) Last, click on Clear Cache and a pop-up will appear saying " All Caches are Cleared! " then click okay and you are done!
In addition, I have also tested your form trying to save it a couple of times. So far I don't encounter any problems with the saving process. Can you confirm if you are experiencing a slow internet connection when working on your form? It's possible that the auto-save process of your form is causing an overlapping which may be resulting to the problem. For the meantime, I have disabled the auto-save feature of your form.
You may enable/disable your form's auto-save feature by doing the following steps:
1) Edit your form
2) Press right click on any part of the canvas on the form builder that does not select any field in the form
3) Click Enable/Disable Auto Save as the case may be
So for now, please make sure you save your changes before closing your browser.
If the problem persists, please let us know.