- dstrauchAsked on November 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM
The widget has probably has a default of about 10; I'd like to start with the zoom factor at 16 or 17.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 01:58 AM
Geolocation Widget does not have a zoom setting to be configured. It has a default setting of 10 as you mentioned and it is not possible to be changed. However, we have lots of map locator widgets and we have one that matches your needs.
Please check "Show Map Location" widget. It also comes with 10 as its default zoom settings. However, you are able to change it this time:
Please check this widget and let us know if it does not work for you.
Do contact us again if you need any further assistance.
- dstrauchAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 03:30 AM
Thanks for your quick response, Owen —
It's nice to see that Show Map Location has that feature, but that won't solve my problem, since I need to enable users to add map locations, and I wanted to make it easier for them by having the map already zoomed in to the appropriate area. It looks like I need to stick with GeoLocation for that, and wait until a zoom variable gets added (which shouldn't be difficult, as this other widget shows).
- dstrauchAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 03:44 AMI answered on the site, but should add this P.S.: After I posted the question, I saw in the Forum that it had already been asked, at https://www.jotform.com/answers/738004-Geolocation-Widget-Ability-to-change-initial-zoom-level , so maybe these threads can be linked somehow.
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 03:55 AM
Thank you so much for further investigating this. There is actually a ticket escalated for this feature to be implemented. I will address this thread of yours as a heads up to our developers. This might accelerate the process if they are working on it.