- adgtAsked on November 14, 2016 at 10:34 AM
I have received a notice that there has been a 1000 form views... Something is flawed for the following reasons.
1) The 3 forms have just been created within the last 3 days.
2) I alone have been working on the build.
3) The site has not been published, hosted or tested.
4) The domain isn't even active as yet.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 11:35 AM
I checked the form view totals and they look to be correct. All of the views are coming from your IP address. You can check a specific forms' views through analytics:
If you are using a website builder with live preview and your form is embedded to the page, each time the live preview is loaded, the form will also be loaded. Programs like Adobe Dreamweaver use this feature. Each time the form is loaded, it counts as a view.
I reset your form views since the views look to be caused by testing and not by other users. Keep in mind, we can only do one reset per account. Should you go over the limits once again, you would either need to upgrade or wait until the monthly reset on the first day of the next month.
- KevinFreebornAnswered on December 14, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Thanks for your reply but I have to agree that something is wrong with the tracking of views. Twice this month we have exceeded our view quota with 15 thousand or more views in one day all coming from our IP. In one case for a form that is not published on any web site and has not been edited for some time.
I believe that JotForm has a bug. We are using Windows 10 on all of our computers.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM
@Kevin I have moved your question to a thread of its own. I will address your request in the following thread shortly: