- garymichaelAsked on November 14, 2016 at 11:54 AMAnother question. I've added a DNS to the form as:
But it's still not loading the form on the web page. I followed these
If you could go into my account and see the Join Our Community form, maybe
I'm missing something.
- BorisAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 12:31 PM
I have checked your custom domain setup, and it seems to be working fine. :) Please note that your domain is being redirected to jotform.com, so in order to access your form through a custom domain, you need to enter the full path as well:
You can also omit the /form/ part, and use just the form ID:
Let us know if you need any further clarifications or assistance with the custom domains setup, and we'll gladly help. Cheers!
- Gary MichaelAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 01:35 PM
Can this be ran locally, or do I have to load this up to the server for it to work?
Locally it's not showing up in on the page.
I want to use the Embed script
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 02:24 PM
Custom DNS will have to be loaded from a live server since it will redirect to the real domain (jotform.com).
Can you tell us what would you like to do so we can try to give you possible workaround?
- garymichaelAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 02:44 PMOkay when you publish using Embed, what do you change exactly?
This is what I get.
But you guys say you don't use SSL in the form capability. So I was a
little confused to see https. I simply change the reference to
But that has not worked
- garymichaelAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 02:44 PMUm, huh? I've been sending emails back and forth.
Have you not seen the emails?
- garymichaelAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 02:44 PMYes that's what I did.
- garymichaelAnswered on November 19, 2016 at 02:04 PM
Hi, I may be just missing a small detail, but I'm actually entering the form as a HTML fragment inside the page.
So the actual page link is: contact.html
But the form is: http://join.dynamicfitnessclub.com/63178436899172
I'm using the Embed script as the link.
And it's local for testing.
Do I need to have the form live on the server for it work? I didn't think I needed to.
- garymichaelAnswered on November 19, 2016 at 02:05 PM
I missed you last answer so I repeated it. But I still can't get the form to show up on the page.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 19, 2016 at 08:55 PM
- Gary MichaelAnswered on November 20, 2016 at 09:14 PM
Yes I understand the form is working fine, but when I put into the fragment embedded with my DNS name it doesn't show on the page when I view in publish. That's the problem I'm trying to fix.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 01:48 AM
Can you please give us the your site's URL so that we can further investigate the issue?
We'll be waiting for your response.
- garymichaelAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Yes it's running local so it's not live. Okay, I think this is the problem. Umm. I'm using the embed script, but I'm running it from DNS. That would be a page inside of a page, so to speak. That's probably the breakdown. I need to use another insert.
- garymichaelAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Yep, yep sorry I'm goofy, I knew this... I've just been rushing with deadline and not paying attention. I've added the iframe and it's fine now :-)
Sorry, I'll pay attention next time. Ha.
Thanks for the help!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:27 AM
Glad to hear that you have now properly embedded your form to your site. If you have any other concern, please feel free to contact us again. Regards.
- garymichaelAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:44 AMHi, it's running local and I'm testing it on my machine, nothing is
live now. I load it here and then preview and it doesn't show. I can
package and zip the page up if you want to do that. But I believe a
number of people are having the same issue with iframes.
- garymichaelAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:44 AMWell dangit, now that I've added the iframe, it's fine, but I need the form
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Do you mean that when you embed the form using the iFrame code, the form is not displayed on your local testing or the form is visible but not properly displayed? May we also know the iFrame code you use on your local testing so we can further investigate?
If you can provide us a screenshot of the issue then that would be great. To add a screenshot to this thread, please follow the instruction provided in this article: How to add screenshots images to questions to the support forum.